Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Day to Remember

Day two of our trip to New Orleans was amazing. I was able to see the French Quarter for the first time ever and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I will never forget my best friend looking me directly in my eyes and exclaiming "Oh my gosh, I am moving to New Orleans!" To be completely honest, the experience was just that great. Then to top it off we spent the rest of the day at the Boys and Girls club, which was even more amazing. The kids were full of excitement, energy, and wonder. Helping tutor some of the kids and aiding them with their homework reminded me of just how bright children can actually be. It was also inspiring to notice the enthusiasm they had for doing their homework and learning in general. It was all just very refreshing.

Sedaries Mathis

1 comment: